WP1 ensures the smooth, effective and efficient management of the project. WP2 involves preparatory activities (State-of-Art and State-of-Practice reviews) that will set the scene for the development of Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) in each partner organisation. WPs 3 and 4 are dedicated to the development (WP3) and implementation and monitoring (WP4) of the GEPs in each project partner. WP5 evaluates i) the existing status of Gender Equality in the project partners (ex-ante evaluation) and ii) the implemented GEPs, and provides feedback to partners for the improvement of their implemented GEPs. WP6 is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the project dissemination and exploitation activities. Finally, WP7 deals with the project Ethics requirements.
Lead partner: AUEB-RC
The objective of Work Package 1 is to monitor the progress of TARGETED-MPI, support the coordination of all project activities and relationships and ensure the quality of the project outcomes and that they are performed according to the project schedule and within the project resources. To achieve this, it develops a detailed Project Management and Quality Plan, which guides the project partners throughout the duration of the project. WP1 is also responsible for monitoring the project risks and coordinating all risk mitigation actions through the development of a risk register and risk management plan; for the overall legal and contractual management of the project; for the provision of administrative support for the organisation of stakeholder workshops; for managing contacts and communication with the European Commission.
Lead partner: AUEB-RC
The objective of Work Package 2 is to review the State of the Art (SoA) and State of Practice (SoP) associated with Gender Equality issues, and to map contextual factors influencing Gender Equality. The SoA review focuses on theoretical and applied research regarding the factors affecting gender inequality and the SoP review focuses on GEPs of research funding and research-performing organisations, as well as on legal and institutional issues at European and national (countries of the project partners). The outcome of this Work Package is a synthesis report of the State-of-the-Art and State-of-Practice on Gender Equality and Gender Equality Plan development and implementation in research-performing and research-funding Organisations.
Lead partner: SSE
The objective of Work Package 3 is twofold:
- First, to develop the methodology tools and guidelines for the development of the GEPs of all participating organisations.
- Second, to develop the first phase (Interim) and second phase (Final) GEPs of all project partners. The first-phase GEPs will identify the goals and Gender Equality strategy as well as the systems and processes that should be in place in order to implement them at each participating institution. The ‘cultural web’ tool shall help to diagnose deeply rooted gender biases within each participating institution. The revision of the first-phase GEPs based on the findings of the first phase implementation (WP4) and evaluation (WP5) leads to the development of the second-phase (Final) GEPs.
Lead partner: ULANC
The objective of Work Package 4 is to implement the first- and second-phase GEPs of the project partners and monitor the outcome of their implementation. The implementation and monitoring of the first-phase GEPs (developed in WP3) will provide input for their evaluation in WP5. The evaluation input of the first-phase GEPs (in WP5) and the development of the updated second-phase GEPs (in WP3) will lead to the implementation of the second-phase GEPs.
Lead partner: BUL
The objective of Work Package 5 is threefold:
- to evaluate the project partners with respect to their current state of Gender Equality (ex-ante evaluation); this evaluation will be used for the development of the GEPs,
- to develop a methodological framework for assessing the performance of the GEPs that will be implemented by each project partner, and
- to evaluate the implemented first- and second-phase GEPs.
Lead partner: VUB
The objective of Work Package 6 is to develop, implement and monitor the TARGETED-MPI dissemination and exploitation activities. Furthermore, WP6 will oversee the establishment of a network of Gender Equality Observatories (GEOs) across all project partners; the network of GEOs will operate beyond the completion of TARGETED-MPI and will ensure the continuous monitoring of the GEPs of the project partners as well as monitor Gender Equality issues in research-performing and research-funding institutions in the project partners’ countries.